Teacher: Mrs. Soulé
Email: email@example.com (preferred)
Phone: (925) 833-3300 ext.7034 .
Office hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch or by appointment. Please email me your questions or request an appointment to meet.
Teacher Class Schedule 2016-2017
Period 0 7:00 - 7:51 AM N/A
Period 1 8:00 - 8:51 AM N/A
Period 2 8:56 - 9:51 AM AP SPANISH
Period 3 9:56 - 10:47 AM SPANISH 2
Period 4 10:52 - 11:43 PM SPANISH 2
Lunch 11:43 - 12:39 PM
Period 5 12:44 - 1:35 PM PREP
Period 6 1:40 - 2:31 PM SPANISH 2
Period 7 2:36 - 3:27 PM SPANISH 2
Period 0 7:10 - 7:54 AM N/A
Collaboration 8:00 - 8:55 AM _
Period 1 9:00 - 9:44 AM N/A
Period 2 9:49 -10:33 AM AP SPANISH
Period 3 10:38 -11:22 PM SPANISH 2
Period 4 10:27 -12:11 PM SPANISH 3
Lunch 12:11 - 1:03 PM
Period 5 1:06 - 1:50 PM PREP
Period 6 1:55 - 2:39 PM SPANISH 2
Period 7 2:44 - 3:28 PM SPANISH 2
Policies and Procedures
World Language Grading Scale 2018-2019
Interpersonal (Speaking, writing, engagement) 25%
Interpretive (Reading and listening) 20%
Presentational (writing and speaking) 20 %
IPAs/ Common Assessments 35 %
- 12-15 assessments per semester (9 IPA+ and 5 flexible; the total number of flexible assessments (quizzes) points cannot exceed 150 pts.
- 100- 150 pts. per IPA
- Final IPA 200 pts.
* In consensus, all Spanish teachers at DHS use the above grading scale for all Spanish courses.
- Hablar en español. You are expected to SPEAK IN SPANISH. Please use all resources provided so you can be successful in this class.
- Be respectful. Respect all persons and materials in the
classroom at all times.
- Be prepared every day! Bring all materials required by your teacher.
- Be on time. To be considered on time you must be in your
assigned seat when the bell rings. Each tardy will lower your participation grade.
- Stay on task.
- Stay food/gum/drink free during class. (only water is allowed)
- Leave electronic devices in silence and
in the cell phone holder
- Follow Dublin High School Policies. Dress code will be enforced. Please follow it.
Students with conduct problems will receive a written Discipline Lesson as a warning before a parent call or a school referral. This is an opportunity for students, as young adults, to reflect and show accountability for their actions. However, if that discipline lesson is not turned in on time the call will be made and/or a referral will be given.
Culture is an integral part of language study. Because language and culture are inseparable, we incorporate the study of cultural products, practices and perspectives in all levels of Spanish at Dublin High School.
The following are cultural celebrations that we discussed in our classes during the school year:
- El Día de los muertos - a socio-cultural tradition to remember loved ones that have passed away.
- Las posadas
- El año nuevo
- El día de los reyes
- El Día de la pascua/ Semana santa